Welcome to SpaceBioLab
SpaceBioLab is affiliated with the organization Icarus Interstellar
Goals of SpaceBioLab:
• The general goal of SpaceBioLab is to found and establish a local laboratory for performing research in the field of space science.
• After the basic lab is established, and volunteers are recruited, SpaceBioLab plans to do research in the field of space biology/exobiology and publishing the results in scientific journals. This includes research on the influence of microgravity, reduced gravity and non-earth like environments on plants, simple single and multi-cellular organisms.
• Research in Icarus Interstellar related projects.
SpaceBioBab is a scientific non-governmental organization with the goal
- to establish research facilities to perform research in the field of space science to contribute scientific knowledge to support human space exploration and manned space travel,
- to ignite the public’s interest and awareness of the importance of human space exploration and manned space travel,
- and to engage with all those who are interested in human space exploration and manned space travel.
In this blog post, I want to talk a bit about the highly interesting human long-term space habitation experiments and its influence on the genome and epigenome. The final data are not out yet but we got some pre-results we can be excited about. We live in an exciting era, the new space age. Humankind …